Seems a bit formal?
Yes, but we don’t want to get into trouble. We just want to have ceilidhs, play music and meet new friends!
In a nutshell it says, if your choose to give us your email address, we won’t share it. We check how many people access the website using a thing called Google Analytics but not in a way that would identify you to us. We use embedded technoloy such as the photo galleries which are routed from our facebook page (www.facebook.com/ceilidhsoc) , and will soon have videos from youtube.com and our twitter feed (www.twitter.com/ceilidhsoc). These services will sometimes drop cookies on your computer in order to make the technology work. If you are worried about cookies then you can turn them off but certain elements of this website will stop working. If this is problem I will add links to the source site where you can review the same materials.
Anyway here’s the formal bit:
1. What information do we gather?
1.1 Our only intential information we gather is our mailing list. This is an opt-in mailing list in order that we can contact interested parties about our events and other issues related to the society. We do not use this list for anything other than Ceilidhsoc. We also gather information that relates that does not identify you (e.g. a visitor’s behaviour patterns when they visit our website). We collect this data to see how many people are accessing our site, solve any usability problems and develope the popularity of the site. We also have embedded gallaries from Facebook and videos from Youtube which we feel will be of use to our membership and anyone visiting our site.
2. How do we gather information?
2.1 Information is gathered in two ways:
(1) indirectly (e.g. using website technology); and
(2) directly via our mailing list form.
3. Use of your information
3.1 We might use your personal information to:
(1) contact you by email to let you know about any of our events if you give us permission.
(2) ensure materials on the website are presented in the most effective manner for you and your computer.
(3) collate and log numeric internet addresses to improve the website and to monitor website usage.
4. Accessing and updating your personal information
4.1 You can update your details held on our mailing list by using the form at http://www.ceilidhsoc.org/mailinglist/.
(1) track anonymous visits to our site to make sure our publicity is working and check if there any problems with the way the website is being accessed.
(2) make certain embedded technology work namely photo galleries from Facebook.com, videos from youtube.com and our own twitter feed from twitter.com.
5.3 Most browsers allow you to turn off cookies. To do this look at the “help” menu on your browser. Switching off cookies may restrict your use of the website and/or delay or affect the way in which it operates.
6. There is no six.
7.1 The password you provide when registering with the website is encrypted to ensure protection against unauthorised access to your personal information.
7.2 We invest in high-quality security and do our utmost to protect user privacy. No data transmission over the Internet can be entirely secure, and therefore we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information and/or use of the website. Any information that you send is at your own risk and may be read by others. However once we have received your personal information we use strict procedures to protect the security of your personal information.
8. Disclosing your information
8.1 We will not disclose or share your information to anyone.
9. Where we store your personal information
9.1 The personal information is stored with our UK based host.
10. Changes to this Policy
10.1 If we change our Policy, we will post the changes on this page. Please check the website regularly for any changes to this Policy.
This Policy was last updated on May 26th, 2012.